2011년 1월 12일 수요일

S.A.T Style Reflective Essay 'Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring



There is a Korean proverb, 'once experiencing is better than seeing it for one hundred times.' Like this, the monk made his student to experience the burden. The monk wanted to make the student to feel like what the animals felt like, so that the child would not do the same thing to the animals again. I like this kind of teaching method and a learning process, because not only you can learn it fast and easily, but also you can learn it effectively and it remains in your brain for a longer time.

In this film, the student of the monk did what the monk did not like. Therefore, the monk wanted to teach his student. He came up with an idea, to get his student to feel like the animals and learn the right thing. to do by experience. When he commissioned his student to go into the forests once again and release the animals from the rope, the student was burdened with a heavy rock. When he finds the animals that he committed the 'crimes' to, he finds the fish and the snake dead. He learned that he should not do such a thing anymore from this experience.
I think that this is a really effective and efficient teaching technique and a learning process. If it was just a normal parent, he/she would have just spanked the child and told the child to stop it. However, the monk wanted to make the student of his to feel and experience. Rather than spanking, I think that experiencing would be more effective.
This kind of learning process was applied to my life, too. When I was in the kindergarten, there was a dog that my maternal grandmother raised in her house. In the holidays, when all the families would be together there, I kind of bullied the dog by kicking and punching it for fun. However, one day, I was scratched and hit by the same dog. In result, I got hurt in many places. I then realized that it must have hurt to the small creature.

So in this film, the monk taught his student by making him to experience the same situation. It was very effective for me, too. I really liked the monk's idea, how he made the student to be just like the animals. So the Korean proverb, 'once experiencing is better than seeing it for one hundred times' was right!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기